Somehow, I have found myself with the Jesus Myth Theory as my area of specialization. It makes sense in that I have an interest in historical Jesus studies and well as classical mythology (I was almost a classics major). In addition, I found myself at one point pastoring in the same small town as well known Jesus mythicist.
Therefore it is no surprise that I have blogged a fair bit about the Jesus myth. Here are my top ten posts dealing with this theory, a theory that only seems to grow in popularity.
- 10 Reasons Why There Really Was a Historical Jesus
- Top Ten Problems With the Jesus Myth Theory
- The Apologetic Value of Philo Not Mentioning Jesus
- Was Horus Born of a Virgin?
- 10 Responses to D.M. Murdock and the Zeitgeist Movie
- 5 Bad Reasons to Suspect That Jesus Never Existed
- Michael Paulkovich and the 126 Who Did Not Know Jesus
- Why Should We Care About the Jesus Myth?
- 7 Reasons Why I Reject the Jesus Myth
- The Lack of Unbiased Evidence for Jesus
I would of course also recommend the book I co-authored with Stanley Porter, Unmasking the Pagan Christ.