I try to share one Good News story every week as a way to keep me thankful. Tonight, I was looking at my computer and was not sure what to say. There was no one event that came to mind.
That is not to say that things are bad. Rather, there was not one blessing that stood out over all the others. While our family continues to have some challenges, there are many things that I’m thankful for.
Here are some of the things that I’m thankful for.
- My relationship with God.
- My wife Amanda.
- My two oldest children, although they live in a group home an hour and a half away, I get to see them on a regular basis and I have a great relationship with them.
- My three youngest children, who have been able to spend time at a Christian camp for a number of weeks this summer.
- My job as the pastor of Queen Street Baptist Church.
- My health, while not perfect, is much better than it could have been.
There are many other things that I’m thankful for, but these are the ones that came to mind. I’m thankful for my many blessings and this is good news.