7 Things Pastors Need to Be Reminded Of
Being a pastor of a church is a rewarding career. Most pastors are quite passionate about their ministry. But pastors need more than excitement to be successful long-term. Here are seven things that pastors need to remember.
- Pastors need to equip the congregation for ministry rather than doing all the ministry themselves.
- Pastors will never be able to please everyone, nor should they try.
- Pastors need to take care of their families and shouldn’t sacrifice their family on the altar of ministry.
- Pastors need to take care of themselves, spiritually, emotionally and physically.
- Pastors must focus on their faithfulness to the resources they have been given rather than how they compare to others.
- Prayer may be the most important activity for the pastor.
- The Pastor needs to continually remind the congregation of their mission and to hold them to it.