5 Things I Love About Blogging
I have been blogging for over ten years. I have had a few breaks of a couple months in there but have stuck with it fairly consistently. The truth is that I enjoy blogging. I thought I would share a few things that I love about blogging.
- Blogging gets my mind going. If I’m going to blog, I need to blog about something and that means I have to use my brain. Not only do I have to come up with a topic, I need to reflect upon the topic enough to say something half-intelligent. Blogging helps to keep me sharp.
- Blogging helps me to learn. While blogging forces me to dig into what I already know, it also forces me to learn new things. Sometimes I decide to blog in a response to a question, a question that I don’t yet have an answer for. I learn by blogging on new topics.
- Blogging helps me meet new people. Although there are some who are critical of online connections, I appreciate the new people I meet, especially with other bloggers. I value the blogging community.
- Blogging develops my writing. I really enjoy writing. This includes books, journal articles and magazine articles. Regular blogging allows me to develop my writing. The best way to improve your writing is to write. That includes blogging.
- Blogging is good for my faith. I’m not just a blogger, I’m a Christian blogging. Much of my blogging is faith-related. When I blog on the topics that matter to me, it draws me closer to God.
What do you love about blogging?
Interested in a Blogging Coach?