How to Not Get Burned Out as a Blogger
Blogging can be a lot of fun. But it can also be draining, not just time-wise, but emotionally as well. If you are a blogger, you need to be proactive in keeping yourself healthy and not burning out.
I thought about some ways in which you can avoid burnout at a blogger. Here are some ideas (in no particular order):
- Remember why you first started blogging.
- Find a blogging rhythm that is both consistent and sustainable. Don’t blog only every six months, but you don’t have to blog every day.
- Experiment with your blogging. Do something radical. Take a chance and don’t be afraid of failing.
- Consider adding audio or video to freshen things up.
- Tap into your archives and republish old material.
- Invite guest bloggers to write a post.
- Take a break from blogging but have a set date to return so that it doesn’t fall between the cracks.
- Spend some time with other bloggers, either online or in person, talking about your interests.
- Get some exercise. How we feel physically affects how we feel emotionally. I find my mind comes up with new ideas while I’m working out.
What other things do you do to avoid burnout?
Interested in a Blogging Coach?