Pastors want to have the answers. But even more important is to have the right questions. These are not the only questions to ask, but they are a good place to start.
- What are you doing to raise up other leaders in the congregation?
- What is more important, your own success or growth of the kingdom of God?
- What would your community miss (if anything) if your congregation closed its doors forever?
- What is the mission that you are seeking to accomplish?
- What are you doing to ensure that your ministry will finish well?
What other questions would you add to the list?