I love being a pastor. It is one of the most fulfilling things I have done. But it is easy to lose focus. I need to remind myself of some important truths on a regular basis.
- While I need to do my best, it is God that brings the success.
- My family is my most important congregation.
- I will never be able to please everyone (nor should I try).
- God is looking for me to be faithful and will not measure me against the accomplishments of others.
- Ministry will never be an acceptable alternative to my own relationship with God.