Setting the Record Straight: What I Really Believe

You may also like...

10 Responses

1. Andrew Bellous says:

We are so on the same page.

2. Keith says:

You forgot to mention that you’re awesome.
    And that you’ll be a nonviolent but not non-resistant pacifist one day.
    Other than that, you’re spot-on 😉

3. Tony says:

I think I agree with most of everything you said. It’s nice to know you are not a cessationist. Cessationism is a black mark on the power of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

4. Scott Kiddle says:

But what do you really believe? 😉

5. Marie Atkinson says:

We may be from different continents and different hemispheres but we are one in Christ! Greetings from sunny Johannesburg.

6. Ruth-Anne Marley says:

Clearly and honestly written. I felt like these were my own words. Though our journey through denominations varies in the order it’s good to hear your recognition and acknowledgment of Jesus in followers. So many times I have defended my Christian brothers and sisters to others whose view only sees the differences in the denominational belief not the love of Christ in the individuals.

7. Bruno Corticelli says:

I can “amen” to everything you just shared. Ultimately it comes to “what is that to you? follow thou Me!”

8. Alex Wynands says:

Have to take exception with your view on disability…. i think there ARE biblical concepts that buttress those who help those who are disabled or challenge…

Exodus 4:11
    The LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?

Luke 14:13-14
    “But when you give a reception, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”

2 Samuel 4:4
    Now Jonathan, Saul’s son, had a son crippled in his feet He was five years old when the report of Saul and Jonathan came from Jezreel, and his nurse took him up and fled And it happened that in her hurry to flee, he fell and became lame And his name was Mephibosheth.

I do readily admit that I am lacking in patience at times with some people… as I’m just a man, but I commend those who have that gift…